Sports Premium 2020/2021
The Sports Premium allocation for the academic year 2020/2021 was £17780
Above is the final report for the school year Sept 2020 to July 2021.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic Swimming Statistics for 2018 2019 (Y6 pupils 2020 2021) is not available.
Sports Premium 2019/2020
The Sports Premium allocation for the academic year 2019/2020 was £17780
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic Swimming Statistics for 2017 2018 (Y6 pupils 2019 2020) have not been issued to schools at the current time.
Sports Premium 2018/2019
Sports Premium 2017/2018
Sports Premium 2016/2017
Sports Premium 2015/2016
Sports Premium 2014/2015
Sports Premium 2013/2014
How Holmfirth Junior, Infant and Nursery school is implementing the “ Sports Premium” in our school.
The Government has given every Primary school funding to develop Physical education and competitive sport. Holmfirth School believes passionately in a strong sporting ethos that encourages every child to develop a lifelong love of physical activity through both excellence and participation.
In Holmfirth school we are using this funding by working very closely alongside the Pennine Sports Partnership in order to:
- Increase the amount of competition that our children take part in.
- Forming strong links with other community sports providers.
- Continue to develop a carefully planned timetable of clubs and activities that inspire and motivate all groups of children to participate either before school, at lunchtime or after school.
- Encourage our children to improve leadership skills through initiatives such as play leaders (KS1 and KS2), the school sports organising crew and Young sports leaders award.
- Identify our most talented children in PE and provide them with the opportunity to excel.
- Include and encourage those with additional needs in sport.
- To embed the use of Core tasks in the assessment of PE so as to ensure ever more accurate judgements and useful data.
Holmfirth Junior Infant and Nursery school are bringing in PE specialist teachers and coaches one day per week (every Friday) to work alongside class teachers in lessons and share expertise.
It is our aim that our children will gain new skills and experiences and teachers will learn new techniques and knowledge to aid them in the teaching of Sport and PE both this Year and in the future.
The long term aim is higher quality lessons and improved learning for all children.