Holmfirth J I & N School – Equality Objectives
- To regularly monitor and analyse pupil achievement and progress by race, gender, economic background (FSM/PP), SEND and disability and act on patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils
- Focus on those arriving in school with specific additional needs ie speech and language, social and emotional or cognition and learning
- Build a curriculum which reflects modern Britain and all of its diversity
The Equality Act requires all public organisations, including schools to comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty and two specific duties.
The Public Sector Equality Duty or “general duty” – This requires all public organisations, including schools to
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Advance equality of opportunity between different groups
- Foster good relations between different groups
Two “specific duties”
This requires all public organisations, including schools to
- Publish information to show compliance with the Equality Duty by April 6th 2012
- Publish Equality objectives at least every 4 years which are specific and measurable by April 6th 2012
This policy describes how the school is meeting these statutory duties and is in line with national guidance. It includes information about how the school is complying with the Public Sector Equality Duty and also provides guidance to staff and outside visitors about our approach to promoting equality.
Please also see the following documents on our policy page on the website – follow this link https://holmfirthjinschool.net/policies/